Friday, October 24, 2008

#1, Getting started

Hello,
Just getting started on this blog thing. Hope it will give me a chance to express some thoughts. Relate some experience that I have had. Maybe tell some amusing stories, also some from the heart.

I am retired and enjoy retirement a lot. It seems there is always something going on. Yard work, small repairs, or improvements on the house. This past week there was a big repair needed. Beyond my scope. Our old galvanized water pipe was in bad shape, leaking in a couple of joints. Just in bad shape period. So we (JP my wife) bite the bullet and had the old pipe replaced with hard copper pipe. The guys knew what they were doing and did a great job.

I was planning a trip to WVC, UT to visit our daughter S and her husband MT, also our grandson T. On the morning I was to leave I woke up with the left side of my face numb. A visit to the ER and they said I had Bell's Palsy. No trip to WVC. Our daughter who lives in SD (L) came up to spend the weekend. Good to have her visit. We just spent the day taking things easy and catching up.

Share some more thoughts and happenings later.

3 comments:

Kteach said...

Welcome to the big wide blog universe!

Anonymous said...

I've started a blog epidemic in this family! How fun!

RedRed said...

Blogs for everyone! Cheers!