Sunday, July 9, 2017

# 30 Home town

Most people have a home town they may be proud or not of this place.  I know some people who are very proud of their home town.  I was born in OK but left their with my parents at the age of 6 years.  We moved to a small town in CA.  A farming community called Dixon.  I still have family living there.  By all accounts that is my home town.  I do have some good memories growing up there.  Do I have a desire to move there and live now?  I think not.  But you never know for sure what lies down the road.  I lived for a few years in Jerome, Id.  Been back a few times to see how the town changed.  Not home either.  Burley, ID the same.  Back a few times but not home.  Then to La Mirada, CA in southern CA Los Angeles area.  Been here 32 years in the same location.  I think this is home.  People ask where are you from, my reply is born in OK live in Southern CA now.  Yes I am home.

Pappy1

1 comment:

Kteach said...

When I say home, I was always think of Barcelona first, but I've lived in La Mirada far longer than in Barcelona, so this is home now. Dixon, Jerome and Burley where places I lived and each has memories, good and not so good, but they were not home.