Monday, November 24, 2014

#30 2014

Did you ever own a vehicle you just loved?  I have.  When I first saw the TV add for the Chevrolet SSR, I was hooked.  It just took me back in my memories to a wonderful time. The styling was plain but very cool.  The SSR was a pickup truck with a retractable hard top.  Way cool.  The 5.3 V8, modern running gear added to the cool factor.  They were first built in 2003, The last one in 2006 I think.  Total production about 24,000.

In February 2007 I was able to buy a 2004 model, with about 5000 miles on the odometer.  With the generous support of my wife one of my dreams came true.  You might say it is only a car.  To me it was much more.  I enjoyed driving this vehicle on long trips.  Short trips down the coast with the top down, with my wife.  Several trips to UT, one with my Grandson riding shotgun.  Yes I enjoyed this SSR very much.  One trip solo trip to UT, just outside of Las Vegas on I-15 North.  I opened it up. At 120 mph the computer limited the gas so that was top end, but there were still plenty of rpm's left before red line.  It held the road like it was on rails, true and solid.

After 7 years with this SSR I decided to sell the vehicle and let some one else have the joy of ownership I had.  I will miss her but I have my memories.

Take care, be kind, and respectful to your fellow human.
Pappy1

1 comment:

Kteach said...

I had some good rides in it, loved hearing people's comments on what a nice car it was. It was even more fun because Marv loved it so much :)