Sunday, June 18, 2017

# 27 Fathers Day 2017

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there.  I myself am a proud father of two wonderful daughters.  The youngest is here to spend the weekend with me and her Mom.  The oldest lives in another state and was unable to travel here because of some business matters.  I have been very blessed to have such lovely girls.  They were wonderful growing up and have become great adults.  So many memories when they were small.  Due to the work I was doing at that time, I was able to share their growing up.  Sports, 4-H dog training, and dog shows.  Cooking for them as their Mom took night college classes.  Thursday night was pizza at Pizza Hut.  Pork topping.  Talking and enjoying each other's company.  High school basketball games.  Tennis matches, volley ball.  When the oldest moved to UT there were NBA games to watch from the company suite.  Soccer matches our Grandson was in.  Basketball games in which he played.  Library trips for him to check out books.  Poetry readings from the youngest.  I am astounded by her use of words, to string them together to create a mood.  Paint a picture with words.  When they come to visit it is a very comfortable feeling.  I enjoy being with my girls.  They make my heart swell with pride.  They have brought me much joy and happiness over the years.  I love them dearly.  I feel their love for me when ever I talk to them on the phone or in person.  Some times they ask what do I want as a gift.  Girls you have been giving me the greatest gift of my life.  The joy and happiness to be your Dad.

Love you.
Pappy1
 

2 comments:

RedRed said...

You're the best dad ever!

Lizzie said...

Thanks, Dad! Very heartfelt, and I know you mean every word. We are lucky to have you!