Monday, October 16, 2017

# 37 Nice weekend

Had a very pleasant weekend, good company with family.  The weather was a little warm but not too bad.  When Isabel comes up for the weekend her mother gets a chance to go to lunch without worrying about me.  Gives her a break and a chance to have good talks with her daughter.  Sunday morning Isabel and I had the truck washed and did a few other little things.  Always happy when she comes for a visit.  Just a pleasant feeling having her here for awhile.

Other news David's son is home from the hospital and is doing fine.  Family at Dixon is OK.  My sibling's and I are all in our seventies now and more concerned about our health and well being.  Just take one day at a time and live as best as can.

I have been wanting to get a new SUV for sometime now.  Our pickup is 10 years old.  Low mileage, runs well but rubber hoses and things are also 10 years old.  A new one would start with a 3 year warranty and give me some relief from worrying about reliability.  Had a vehicle in mind but based on more research decided it was not one I wanted.  JP is not in favor of a new vehicle.  Have not been able to convince her it is in our best interest.

Take care, have a wonderful and productive week.
Pappy1

1 comment:

RedRed said...

I didn't know David's son was in the hospital. Also, a new small SUV would be great! I think Mom would really like the ease of driving a slightly smaller vehicle.