Tuesday, January 13, 2009

SSR


In Feb. 2007 I was able to purchase a vehicle that I fell in love with when it was first introduced. Chevrolet introduced the SSR (Super Sport Roadster) in 2003. I would go out of my way to see one at a dealer. The design was something!!! Priced out of my reach there was little chance I would ever own a SSR. Feb. '07 I was having the urge to trade vehicles. After looking around, JP said why don't you get that one you keep talking about(SSR). I told her they stopped building the SSR in 2006. They were expensive and not many around.
I bought and Auto Trader magazine. There were 4 listed for sale. I picked out a 2004 with 5500 miles. When I first saw the vehicle it knocked my socks off. Black on Black. The deal was made. Driving the SSR today still feels great. I have owned many vehicles over the years but this one is special.
April 21, 2007 I took my first road trip with the SSR. California to SLC, UT. It was my 67th birthday. Out on the open road. Three hundred horses at my beck and call. The open roads of NV were inviting me to turn them loose. I found out the speed limiter works. 125 mph. Sweet. Around home I don't get the chance
to turn her loose, but I know it's there.
T likes me to put the top down and cruise around town. We both enjoy the looks and comments about the car.
Thanks JP.
Pappy 1

2 comments:

Kteach said...

This car had your name written all over it :)

Anonymous said...

it is a sweet ride