Wednesday, January 22, 2014

#6 2014

Easy day today.  Cleaned and polished the counter tops in the kitchen.  Re arranged some things on the counter.  Got hooked on the tv show "Klondike" last episode tonight.

Flan and his band are doing well.  Jeff is in the SF region for a couple of days.  One of the big shows is tomorrow night.  Flan will raise a lot of money for the Stow family.  God is good.

One of things that kinda bug me is the "entitlement funds" for the years I worked I paid into (also my employer) the social security system.  When the Medicare law was passed I also paid into that fund.  The promise was when I retired I would receive a monthly sum from social security based on a formula the government uses.  I still pay a monthly fee for Medicare and Part D prescription.  The funds were supposed to go into a lock box to be paid later.  Well they have taken that money and replaced it with IOU's.  So as us baby boomers retire the fund are paid from the general fund.  Because I have a pension from the Teamsters my social security is reduced.  I get enough to get by on and with my health problems and us paying monthly for private insurance through Jo's former employer and medicare the majority of my medical bills are paid.  I guess what I am trying to say is I paid into the system in good faith  and now I need  what was promised.

A little bit of a rant but it was something I need to get off my chest.

A Christmas gift I received from Isabel and Jeff was a redneck calendar by Jeff Foxwothry.  Today's quote was, The first thing you ever said to your wife was, "Are them real?"

Be kind and smile.
Pappy1

No comments: